Thursday, May 27, 2010

Precious

Quote of the day "I think I put more effort in walking down here to eat than the CSs put into making the food." -Brandi Holland.

With the abundant time I am given, my mind tends to wander, and I also have been watching an array of movies lately. After I ran through all the movies that I actually enjoyed watching and all that was left was the movies from my friends CD collections that I'd never see myself viewing in a million years. But yesterday I attempted to watch Precious.

Here is my review on it
Precious
Right off the bat I dreaded watching this movie, and truth be told, I only got twenty five minutes into the movie. What did me in so quickly you ask? Well aside from the horrible scene where the mother tries to hit Precious with a frying pan upside her head, oh and the sweaty rape scene it was the fried chicken! I get that she's a troubled girl, getting raped and impregnated by her mom's supposed boyfriend, sixteen and still in middle school. But I could no longer take part in the viewing of this movie when the main character steals a bucket of chicken from a local eatery and watching that woman run, while eating friend chicken was just too much for my psyche to handle. I'd like to highlight the fact that she had pieces of chicken on not one but both of her chins. My advice to Precious; sleep in the gym, take walks and work out, get a job (she is sixteen and all you have to do is write your name on an application) get fit and go back and beat your moms ass! It's a shame that I couldn't stomach this movie, because I hear it was quite the tale, I think it took home a few awards, right?

1 comment:

TONYMO said...

Nobody is as original and articulate as Birdie!!!! Miss working with you and it can get kind of lonely being here and not there with you all but you guys drop by from time to time so that makes it a nice moment... thank you for knowing you and I hope you never forget me... Tonymo!!!!