Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Pray for me to be home sooner than we thought

Hi Kiddo's
Latley I haven't been able to sleep much. But that's another whole story in itself. Right now I feel better because 1. I got to talk to my mom on the fone and 2. I have decided to submit my request for an early separation from the navy.

Its something that I've known about for a while, just never had the... you know to go through with it. So here we go...
So far I've email the person who is supposed to help me write up my paperwork and he emailed me back. we'll probably be meeting tomorrow to discuss "the deal" i'm making with the devil.

I already know from the little research I've done that I have to pay the navy back the bonus they gave me for signing up for a 5th year. Which amounts to $4000 after taxes got taken out. A $4000 that I remember buying stupid things with such as a camera, phone, and my car AKA Paco the Purple Pathfinder (which is a much larger mistake within itself. FYI VA is a common wealth state, that means they can randomly charge you five hundred and thirty dollars for owning a car in their state even if your car has been in south carolina for the last two years :) But the more and more I live here and deal with the things on this boat the more that the $4000 is looking like a 99 cent price tag.

So pray for me! Pray that when I turn it in the majority will approve rather than deny. They freeking should half of them know me and agree with me and the other half hate me and fire me from my leadership position and bitch about the fact that the date of my separation is tattooed on my wrist.

So if I were to get this passed (knock on wood, cross your fingers) then this would mean I'd be getting out a year early. My original date of separation is september 11 of 2011. So i'd be getting out in september 11 of 2010, which is 9 months from today.

So pray for me!

No comments: